Watermelon Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 a watermelon
- 1 cup of unsweetened plant milk
- 1/4 a cup of frozen strawberries
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Sprig of mint
- 2-3 watermelon balls
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flakes
- 1/2 a banana, finely sliced
- 1/2 a cup of berries (your choice)
- Serving Size:
- Cook time:
- Cut the watermelon in half and scoop out the content of one half with a melon baller. Put the melon balls in the freezer until frozen.
- Put the watermelon skin into the fridge so you can use it as a bowl later.
- Once the watermelon is frozen, you can start making the smoothie.
- Add the frozen banana, milk, maple syrup, frozen strawberries, and 1/2 of the original watermelon balls to the blender. Blitz until smooth.
- Get the watermelon bowl out from the fridge and cut a small amount off the end of it so it will sit flat on a surface. Don’t cut too far or you will get a hole.
- Once the smoothie is blitzed, pour it into the watermelon bowl.
- Add your toppings of choice.
- Make sure you inspect melons before buying — you want to end up with one that’s sweet and fresh. Keep it refrigerated until use to ensure freshness.