Stuffed Vegan Mofongo
- 6 green plantains
- 1 cup of stuffing
- 1/2 cup of oil for frying
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of olives
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving Size: 4-6
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
Mofongo! This is a simple and perfect Puerto Rican delicacy – with a vegan twist!
- Peel and cut the plantains into small pieces.
- Fry the plantains in a pan with hot oil until golden yellow.
- Place them on absorbent paper to remove the excess oil.
- In a mortar or pestle, crush the garlic, salt, and pepper until you get a smooth paste.
- Add the bananas and crush until smooth.
- Add the olives and mix again.
- Now, to assemble the mofongo, we will use any small container as a mold.
- Add the filling and cover by adding a little more of the mixture.