Stuffed Florida Zucchini and Yellow Squash Parmesan
- 4 medium-sized Florida zucchini or large yellow squash
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup marinara sauce (your favorite)
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- Serving Size: 4
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
All the taste without any of the guilt. These delightfully crunchy (and cheesy) appetizers by Fresh From Florida are easy to make and perfect for any occasion.
- Combine panko bread crumbs, olive oil, chopped basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Season ingredients with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside for later use.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut zucchini or yellow squash evenly in half lengthwise.
- Use a small spoon, scoop out the seeds from each half, creating room for filling.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Brown each zucchini or yellow squash half for about two minutes on both sides.
- Remove from pan and place on a baking sheet skin side down.
- Fill each with ricotta, marinara sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
- Evenly sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture on last.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Serve warm.