Spicy Pull-Apart Christmas Tree Bread
RED PEPPER DIPPING SAUCE:
1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
2 ounces Sartori Classic Parmesan cheese, grated (2/3 cup)
1/3 cup unsalted whole almonds
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
6 ounces Weyauwega Star Dairy Monterey Jack with Jalapeno Pepper cheese (pepper jack)
3 tablespoons butter, cubed and melted
Minced fresh parsley
Crushed red pepper flakes
- Serving Size: 16
- Cook time: 30 min
Red Pepper Dipping Sauce:
- Place the sauce ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line a 15 x 10-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Unroll pizza crust on a lightly floured cutting board into a rectangle, 9-inches long; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Cut the crust widthwise into four strips, each 2 1/4-inches wide. Cut strips lengthwise yielding 16 rectangles.
- Cut pepper jack into 16 cubes, about 3/4-inch each. Wrap each rectangle around a pepper jack cube; seal dough around cheese. Roll dough into balls.
- Arrange balls in a tree shape on a prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Meanwhile, combine butter and remaining garlic powder. Divide butter mixture in half; brush half of the mixture on rolls.
- Cover with aluminum foil; bake for 10-12 minutes longer or until golden brown. Brush rolls with remaining butter mixture.
Sprinkle with parsley and red pepper flakes. Serve rolls with reserved sauce.