Slow Cooker Ropa Vieja Nachos
- 1 pound of flank steak
- 3 tablespoons of cumin
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 8 ounces of tomato sauce
- 6 ounces of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 onion
- Half of a red bell pepper
- Half of a green bell pepper
- Half a cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Tortilla chips
- Shredded Mexican style cheese
- 1 can of refried beans
- Sour cream
- Serving Size: 5
- Cook time: 5 Hours and 30 Minutes
- Rub both sides of the steak with half of the cumin and a dash of salt.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat and sear the steak until it’s browned on both sides.
- Add the steak to your slow cooker.
- Chop the bell peppers, onion, and cilantro.
- Add the bell peppers, onion, and cilantro to your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 5 hours or until meat shreds easily with a fork.
- Once done, shred the meat inside the slow cooker, and allow the meat to sit for about 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Serve over tortilla chips alongside the refried beans, shredded cheese and sour cream.