Rich in Calcium Baked Empanadas
1 8-pack white pastry dough discs
1 cup kale
1 cup broccoli
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 cup mushrooms
1 egg, beaten
3 minced garlic cloves
- Serving Size:
- Cook time:
- Preheat oven to 375
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat; add garlic. Saute garlic for 2 minutes, and then add kale, mushrooms, and broccoli. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until kale is wilted and vegetables are tender. Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese; set aside and cool.
- Separate pieces of dough, and place roughly 2 tablespoons of filling in the middle of each disc. For each empanada, fold dough over on top of filling to close. Then, wet fingers with water and run them along edges to help seal the empanada. Be sure to press edges firmly together.
- Transfer the empanadas to the baking sheet. Brush the beaten egg across the tops of empanadas. (This will give them shine when baked).
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!