- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Serving Size: 8
- Cook time: 1 Hour and 15 Minutes
Celebrate the Fall season with a sweet treat that is full of those yummy autumn flavors.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange 8, 4-ounce ramekins inside your baking pan.
- Spray ramekins with cooking spray.
- Heat 1/2 cup sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar melts and forms a medium-brown caramel.
- Put 2 teaspoons of caramel to each of the ramekins.
- Swirl the caramel in the ramekin right away and set aside.
- Combine the milk and the evaporated milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until it’s warm.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and keep milk warm.
- Boil 4 cups of water to a boil and keep hot.
- Whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, 1/4 cup of sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Mix the pumpkin into the egg mixture and fold into evaporated milk.
- Put the filling in the ramekins and place the baking sheet in the oven.
- Pour the hot water into the baking pan until it reaches the halfway point of the ramekins.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Place a dessert plate on top of each ramekin and flip the ramekin over, the flan will slide out alongside the syrup.