Pork Chops al Pastor With Chipotle Marinate
- 2 BONE-IN RIBEYE (RIB) PORK CHOPS, 3/4 INCH
- 3 TABLESPOONS OLIVE OIL
- 1 WHITE ONION, HALVED
- 2 CUPS PINEAPPLE, PEELED AND CUT CROSSWISE INTO 1/2 INCH THICK ROUNDS
- 3 CLOVES GARLIC, MINCED
- 2 TEASPOONS KOSHER SALT
- 1 TEASPOON OREGANO, MEXICAN
- 1 TEASPOON CUMIN
- 2 TABLESPOONS CANNED CHIPOTLE CHILE IN ADOBO SAUCE
- Serving Size: 2
- Cook time: 25 Minutes
Try the “al pastor” style with thin, crisp shavings of pork. Plus, with the chipotle pepper and charred pineapple marinade, get ready for a “hot and sweet” combo that will impress your family and friends.
For Chipotle Marinade:
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large blender and puree until smooth.
- In a large bowl, marinate pork chops with the marinade. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a large sauté pan with olive oil to medium high heat and sauté pork chops until golden, approximately 10-12 minutes (5-6 minutes on each side), and chops reach an internal temperature between 145 degrees F. to 160 degrees F. (use a digital thermometer).
- Serve with Mexican rice, sliced avocados, warm tortillas and charred pineapple.