- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ cup pimiento-stuffed olives, halved
- 2 cans (14 ½ ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup beef broth
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 18 potato dinner rolls, halved, toasted
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute the onion until translucent, 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes, breaking into crumbles. Drain the cooked meat.
- Add the next 10 ingredients. Stir over medium heat until well blended. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce has thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Spoon the beef mixture onto each roll (they may be juicy). Serve immediately.