Panettone Bread Pudding
- 1 Panettone (Fornella Panettone is used in this recipe)
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk (or 1 can of evaporated milk)
- 1 1/2 cups of regular milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (half a stick, you can use the other half to grease the baking dish later)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Serving Size: 6 to 8
- Cook time: 90 minutes
A special twist to a holiday classic! Follow this recipe and bake your own delicious Panettone bread pudding.
Note: Either stale/old Panettone or freshly bought Panettone can be used in this recipe. Instructions for both are below.
- Preheat the oven to 350 º F.
- Cut the Panettone into cubes.
- If you are using fresh Panettone, spread the cubes out on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven for 15-20 minutes until they become firm. After toasting, set aside to cool. If the Panettone is already stale, skip this step entirely.
- Melt the unsalted butter and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs. This makes it easier to add them to the wet mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk the evaporated milk, regular milk, white sugar, eggs, melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt together.
- Now prepare your baking dish. A deep dish is suggested for this recipe. Use the other half of the stick of butter or cooking spray to grease the baking dish.
- Place the bread cubes in the dish.
- Pour the mixture over the panettone cubes and set aside to soak for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes.
- Place a pan on the stovetop over medium heat.
- Add the stick of unsalted butter and the brown sugar to the pan.
- Cook until the butter has melted and is incorporated with the sugar, but watch the mixture. Make sure it isn’t bubbling too much, or it will harden. Lower the heat if necessary.
- Once the butter and sugar have mixed, add the heavy whipping cream.
- Mix and once it is fully incorporated, set the sauce aside to cool and thicken.
- You can pour over the bread pudding and serve the dish hot or cold!