Orzo with Feta, Green Beans, and Tomatoes
- 10 ounces haricots verts (thin French green beans) or green beans
- 1 cup orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 medium vine-ripened tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leafed parsley leaves
- 1 cup crumbled feta (about 6 ounces)
- Serving Size: 2
- Cook time: 25 Minutes
- Fill a 4-quart kettle three fourths full with salted water and bring to a boil for beans and orzo.
- Chop onion and mince garlic.
- Quarter and seed tomatoes.
- Cut quarters lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Trim beans and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large skillet, cooAdd tomatoes and cook, stirring, until tomatoes are softened
- Add tomatoes and cook, stirring, until tomatoes are softened, for about 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Have ready a bowl of ice and cold water.
- In boiling salted water blanch beans for 1 minute.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer beans to ice water to avoid over cooking.
- Drain beans well in a colander and pat dry.
- Add beans to tomato mixture and return water in kettle to a boil.
- Boil orzo until al dente and drain in colander.
- Add orzo to bean mixture with vinegar, parsley, feta, and salt and pepper to taste, tossing to combine well.