Orange and Olive Salad
- Two heads of romaine lettuce
- 1 bunch of watercress or arugula
- ½ cup black oil-cured olives, pitted, sliced in half
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 oranges, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup orange juice
- Serving Size: 6
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
Fresh, vivid flavors awaken the senses with every bite of this orange and olive salad. Beautifully simple, the combination of flavors and contrast of sweet orange slices and robust olives will surely brighten up any meal. Enjoy!
- Wash and dry the romaine lettuce and the watercress.
- Toss in a large bowl with the other ingredients.
- Add freshly ground black pepper to taste (the olives may be salty so don’t add any salt at this point).
- Whisk the dressing ingredients, seasoning to taste.
- Slowly pour the dressing over the salad while tossing well to coat it all (be careful not to overuse the dressing according to the amount of greens).
- Garnish with orange zest and very thin slices of oranges.