Mole Poblano Shrimp Tacos
- 28 oz roasted tomatoes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds toasted
- 1/2 cup dark baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 dried ancho chiles
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 16 6-in. corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup Cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 3 limes cut into wedges
- Serving Size: 8
- Cook time: 35 Minutes
- In a bowl cover ancho chiles with boiling water and soak for 15 minutes.
- In a small pan toast the almonds and sesame seeds for 5 minutes in low heat.
- In a blender or food processor add seeded chiles, tomatoes, onion, almonds, sesame seeds, chocolate, raisins, chipotles chiles in adobo sauce, cumin, cinnamon, oregano, garlic and blend until smooth.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp to the hot pan and saute for 5-8 minutes, flipping occasionally, until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Toast and slightly heat tortillas on both sides.
- Build taco with shrimp, mole sauce, cheese, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges on the side.