Mexican Quinoa Bowl
- 4 cups of mixed greens
- 2/3 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup of canned corn
- 2/3 cup of cooked black beans (seasoned with a pinch of sea salt, a pinch of cumin, a pinch of chili powder, and a pinch of garlic powder)
- 1/5 cup of diced red onion
- 2/3 of a segmented medium orange
- 1/3 of a chopped avocado
- 1/5 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 of an avocado
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 1 teaspoon of agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce
- 1/5 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1/10 teaspoon of chili powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- 2/3 tablespoon of fresh minced cilantro
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Serving Size: 2
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Prepare the quinoa by bringing it to a boil with 1 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer, cover and cook on low for 15-20 minutes.
- At the same time, prepare salad ingredients by chopping up the vegetables, segmenting the orange, and warming the black beans.
- Prepare dressing by adding all ingredients in a blender and blending until the mixture is smooth.
- Mix the quinoa, vegetables, and dressing and serve.