- 1-pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 ½ cups salsa
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 small can of drained corn
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 cups (4 oz) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro
- Serving Size: 8
- Cook time: 25 Minutes
All the taco fixings that your family loves in one bold, cheesy and comforting casserole. It’s perfect for Taco Tuesday, Mexican Night or any night you need to get dinner on the table quickly! This Mexican Casserole recipe is a great a weeknight quickie that will impress your family and friends.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the salsa, beans, dressing, sour cream, taco seasoning and cumin.
- Spread a generous layer of meat mixture on bottom of 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Place a flour or corn tortilla on top of meat mixture. Layer with half of the meat mixture and cheese. Repeat as many layers as you like.
- The last and final layer should be a healthy dose of grated cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes, or until hot & bubbly.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before topping with lettuce, tomato, and cilantro.
Recipe by Amanda Taylor