Marinated Radish and Cucumber Salad
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 (19-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound cucumbers, thinly sliced crosswise
- 6 large red radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 6 large leaves of your favorite lettuce
- Serving Size: 1
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
This recipe from Fresh From Florida of cucumbers combined with tangy marinated radishes are the perfect combination for a refreshing, healthy salad.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, lemon zest and cumin and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chickpeas and let marinate for at least 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Just before it is time to serve, stir in the cucumbers, radishes, onion and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, put a lettuce leaf down on each plate and scoop marinated mixture on top.