Lobster Paella Recipe
- 2 lobsters (about 1 1/2 pounds each)
- 5 teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups of white rice
- 3 cups of fish broth
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 1 dozen clean littleneck clams
- 1 1/2 pounds of shrimp
- 1 pound of calamari
- Serving Size: 4-6
- Cook time: 90 minutes
- Bring 1 1/2 inches of water to a boil in a large stockpot. Add lobsters, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove the lobsters and cool. Crack shells and remove meat.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Heat a 12-inch ovenproof skillet or paella pan over medium-high. Add oil and sautée onions and bell peppers for about 5 minutes. Gently stir in rice and cook a few minutes to lightly toast.
- Add fish broth, saffron and salt; bring to boil over high heat. Remove from heat, cover with a lid or sheet of foil, and place paella in the oven for 12 minutes. Uncover; scatter clams, shrimp and the calamari on top of rice. Cover; cook for 15 minutes until clams open. Discard any clams that do not open. Plate with lobster on top of the rice, and garnish with parsley.