Guava-Tequila Glazed Fajitas
- 2 cups guava jelly
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cups tequila
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1½ pound skirt steak
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the guava jelly and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook until the jelly has dissolved. If the jelly is not dissolving, add a small amount of water just to help it along.
- Remove it from the heat and add the tequila and lime juice.
- Season the fajitas with salt and pepper and brush them with the glaze.
- Heat your grill or cast-iron skillet to medium high heat.
- Brush the grill with oil and lay your skirt steak on the grill or skillet.
- Allow the meat to caramelize. Cook for five minutes on each side while basting with the glaze.