The crust –
7 oz. Goya Maria crackers
1/2 cup salted butter, melted
The cheesecake –
2 packages of cream cheese (8 oz. each), softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 large eggs
1/2 cup guava marmalade
- Serving Size:
- Cook time:
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Add the cookies to a food processor and pulse on high until you have fine crumbs. (If you don’t have a food processor, you can add them to a zip-top bag and crush them as finely as possible by hand or with a rolling pin.)
- Pour in the melted butter and pulse a few more times to combine.
- Press the cookie mixture into a tall 9-inch pie pan. You can use your hands or the bottom of a flat cup to press them in firmly. Press the crumbs up the sides as well.
- Bake the pie crust for 10 minutes.
- You can make the cheesecake filling while the pie crust is baking.
- In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice, and beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add in the eggs and beat just until combined.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the baked pie crust (it’s okay if it’s still warm).
- Drop spoonfuls of the guava marmalade onto the top of the cheesecake mixture, then swirl with a knife to slightly incorporate it into the batter.
- Bake at 325°F for 45 minutes. The center will still be slightly wiggly when you take it out, but it will set. Let it cool completely at room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 5 hours or preferably overnight.