Grilled Ham Steaks With Spicy Teriyaki
- 2 1-inch Thick Ham Steaks
- 7 Ounces Crushed Pineapple
- 6 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger, Peeled And Minced
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes, Crushed
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- Serving Size: 4
- Cook time: 35 Minutes
A perfect combo of sweet and spicy, we took the traditional pineapple ham – and then gave it a kick.
For Spicy Teriyaki glaze:
- In a small pot, combine all ingredients and mix. Heat and bring to simmer to thicken.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Heat grill to a medium high heat or 450 degrees. Place the ham steaks on grill and sear on both sides, approximately 3-4 minutes each side; basting with spicy teriyaki on both sides to achieve a caramel crust.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Serve with coconut rice or your favorite rice pilaf. Garnish with pineapple rings.