Florida Flatbread with Tomatoes and Sweet Peppers
- 2 medium or 1 large baked flatbread or pizza crust
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (or your favorite)
- ¼ cup fresh basil, hand torn
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 large Florida bell pepper (red, yellow, green or ⅓ of all 3 colors), seeded and sliced thin
- 2 medium Florida tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Serving Size: 4
- Cook time: 10 Minutes
Looking for a light and tasty treat that will satisfy your cravings? Well, you’re in luck. This Flatbread with Tomatoes and Sweet Peppers is flavor-packed with the freshest veggies grown right here in Florida. Quick, simple, and always worth it.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread olive oil and garlic evenly over the flatbread.
- Evenly distribute three-fourths of the two kinds of cheese over the flatbread.
- Evenly distribute the bell peppers and tomatoes over the cheese.
- Add remaining cheese to the top of the flatbread.
- Season the flatbread lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake flatbread on a baking sheet for 7 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove flatbread from oven and garnish with the hand-torn basil.
- Cut flatbread into several servings and serve warm.