Florida Eggplant, Tomato and Mozzarella Melt
- 1 Florida eggplant sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 Florida tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 8 slices rustic bread or rolls
- Serving Size: 4
- Cook time: 10 Minutes
A toasty, tasty and low-calorie solution to your cravings. This easy-as-it-gets recipe by Fresh From Florida delivers home cooked goodness in just 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil onto the sliced eggplant and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the eggplant on a baking sheet and in the oven.
- Cook eggplant in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the eggplant from the oven and turn the oven to broil.
- Lightly drizzle the bread with olive oil, and toast under the broiler.
- Remove the bread from the broiler when it is toasted.
- To assemble sandwich, layer the eggplant, tomato and mozzarella.
- Place the sandwich back under the broiler to melt the cheese.
- Remove sandwich from oven and serve warm.