- 2 medium Florida eggplants (peeled if desired)
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- ½ oz prosciutto ham, diced
- 2 oz grated parmesan
- 3 oz shredded low-fat mozzarella
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 pinch nutmeg (to taste)
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Serving Size: 4-6
- Cook time: 7 Minutes
This Eggplant Rollatini recipe by Fresh from Florida is filled with bundles of eggplant slices and cheesy ricotta, and smothered in tomato sauce – making for the perfect savory entree.
- Slice eggplant lengthwise (approximately ½-inch thick).
- Brush lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake eggplant on a cookie sheet at 375o for 5 to 8 minutes, or until almost tender and brown on top.
- Let cool.
- Mix the cheeses, prosciutto and nutmeg in a bowl until completely combined.
- Place approximately 1 oz of filling on each slice of eggplant and roll lengthwise.
- Secure with toothpick if desired.
- Place rolls in a baking dish and top with sauce.
- Bake completed dish in oven for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve warm with extra grated cheese on top.