Dulce de Leche Flan
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 1 can dulce de leche (13.4 oz)
- 6 eggs
- Serving Size: 2
- Cook time: 60 Minutes
This dessert is a real delight!
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a small pot over medium-low heat, cook the sugar until it dissolves and forms a dark caramel.
- Carefully distribute the hot caramel in the glass custard dishes or flaneras, and rotate and tilt each dish so that the caramel remains on the walls.
- Using an electric whisk, beat the milk, eggs and dulce de leche in a bowl until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the small dishes (flaneras) and place them in a deep tray.
- Cover the flaneras with aluminum foil.
- Add warm water to the tray to make a water bath (bain marie).
- Place in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a knife can be inserted into the center of the puddings and come out clean.
- Remove the puddings from the tray and cool on a metal rack. Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving, or overnight for better results.
- Before serving, remove the custard from the sides of the dishes using a small spatula or a knife with a smooth blade, and turn over carefully on a dessert plate.
- If you prefer to bake in a larger individual custard dish or flanera, let the flan cook for one hour.
Recipe by Enri Lemoine – enrilemoine.com