Corn, Potato and Sausage Chowder
- 1 pound low-fat link sausage, diced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 8 ounces cream-style corn
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups whole milk
- salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Serving Size: 16
- Cook time: 25 Minutes
An easy and flavorful recipe, this hearty and creamy Corn, Potato and Sausage Chowder by Fresh From Florida is the perfect comfort food!
- Cook the sausage and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until sausage is browned and onion is lightly browned and tender.
- Stir in flour until blended into mixture.
- Add chicken broth and stir to blend.
- Add diced potatoes, corn and cream-style corn, pepper and hot sauce.
- Bring to a simmer and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- Add milk and cook, covered, for another 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with crusty bread.