Colombian Mixed Rice
- 3 cups of cooked rice
- 1 lb. of beef
- 1 lb. of pork meat
- 1/2 lb. of ham
- 1/2 lb. of chorizo
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 lb. of peas
- 1/2 lb. of beans
- 1 can of tender corn
- Seasoning juice
- Soy sauce
- Serving Size: 6
- Cook time: 90 Minutes
This recipe is full of color and flavor, and it is also very versatile since you can customize it to your taste by using your country’s typical ingredients.
- Cook the white rice in the usual way (see recipe here) and let cool down.
- Cut the meats (pork, beef, sausage and ham) into squares of about the same size.
- Marinate the beef and pork with the seasoning juice for 30 minutes, separately.
- Sautée each of the four types of meat in two tablespoons of oil.
- Cook peas and sliced beans separately, until soft.
- Mix the meats.
- Add the rice.
- Add a splash of soy sauce
- Add the peas, beans and tender corn and mix gently.
- Add finely chopped onions
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can prepare a large serving of this recipe and freeze it for later.
- Do not add too much salt when preparing the rice, because the soy sauce has a high salt content.
- Allow the rice to cool down completely or prepare it one day in advance, before mixing it with the other ingredients, so that it does not stick.
- Place the onions and soy sauce on the table as condiments, if you wish.
Recipe by: Claudia Gomez