Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- 8 cups of chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of minced onion
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Serving Size: 6
- Cook time: 50 Minutes
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
- Place 1 inch of water in a large pot with 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
- Add in the cauliflower and cook until tender (about 8 minutes)
- Drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook them for about 2.5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, reduce heat to low and cook while stirring the mixture for about 5 minutes to cook the flour.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and add in the milk while you whisk the mixture until it comes to a boil for about 2.5 minutes
- Once the mixture thickens, remove the mixture from the heat completely.
- Slowly add the cheddar cheese until all the cheese is melted.
- Stir in the cooked cauliflower.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and bake until golden.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes, until the top is browned.