Black Bean Breakfast Burritos
1 package (3.5 oz.) GOYA® chorizo, finely chopped
1½ cups GOYA® Salsa Pico de Gallo – Mild
1 can (15.5 oz.) GOYA® black beans, drained and rinsed
2 tsp. GOYA® extra virgin olive oil
4 (8-inch) GOYA® flour tortillas – Burritos
8 GOYA® large cage-free brown eggs, lightly beaten
¼ tsp. adobo all-purpose seasoning with pepper
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Serving Size:
- Cook time:
- Heat 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; add chorizo. Cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add pico de gallo and black beans. Cook, stirring, until liquid from pico de gallo almost evaporates and beans are warmed through, about 5 minutes. Transfer bean mixture to bowl; set aside.
- Rinse and wipe out skillet. Heat ½ tsp. oil in skillet over medium-high heat; add tortilla. Cook, flipping once, until light golden brown on both sides, about 30 seconds; transfer tortilla to plate. Repeat with remaining tortillas using 1 tsp. oil total.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet. Add eggs and Adobo. Cook, stirring eggs with spatula, until scrambled and just set, about 4 minutes.
- Assemble burritos: Place 1 tortilla on work surface. Add ¼ scrambled egg mixture, ½ cup bean mixture and ¼ cup cheese. To roll burrito, fold in left and right ends over filling. Then, holding the closed ends, fold tortilla in half from bottom to top. Using the top layer of tortilla, push filling towards you to compact filling. Roll tortilla into log and place seam-side down on plate. Serve immediately.
- To freeze burritos, wrap tortillas in plastic then wrap in foil; transfer to freezer-safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat, unwrap foil and plastic wrap from burrito; place on microwave-safe dish. Microwave on HIGH 4-5 minutes. Let burritos rest 2 minutes before eating.