Air Fryer Pumpkin Churros
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Oil spray
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Serving Size:
- Cook time:
- Spray a baking sheet with oil spray.
- Add water, butter, sugar, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add flour to the saucepan. Constantly stir with a spatula until the flour is incorporated and the dough is smooth.
- Remove from heat and transfer the dough to a mixing bowl. Let cool in the fridge for about 10 minutes. (The dough has to be cooled before adding the eggs so that it doesn’t cook them)
- In a mixing bowl, add the eggs, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and vanilla extract. You can use a stand mixer or electronic hand mixer to mix the dough until it comes together and looks like gluey mashed potatoes.
- Transfer this mixture to a large piping bag with a 3/4 inch star tip.
- Pipe the mixture onto the oiled baking mat, into 4-inch lengths and cut the end with scissors.
- Refrigerate piped churros on the baking sheet for at least 1 hour.
- Carefully transfer churros to your Air Fryer basket, and leave about 1/2 inch space between them. Spray each with oil spray. (Depending on the size of your Air Fryer you have to fry them in batches)
- Air fry at 375 degrees F for 11-14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a shallow bowl combine granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Immediately transfer baked churros to the bowl with the sugar mixture and toss to coat, working in batches. If the cinnamon sugar mixture isn’t sticking, try lightly spraying the baked churros with oil spray. Once coated, serve warm with Nutella or chocolate dipping sauce!